Wednesday, March 30, 2005

 

Interruption

Last night my phone rang. I was already settled in, watching Bo Bice's performance on American Idol. (not quite as inspiring as past weeks, but good, nonetheless) I considered not answering the phone, but the caller ID said 'Jena"
Yay! Since my friend has had her baby, I take every opportunity to talk to her, as she is sleep deprived and no longer wants to talk on the phone at night.
So I MUTED American Idol, and answered the phone. Jena excitedly said to me 'Listen to this!!", at which point I heard adorable little baby sounds, that are quite possibly the most sweetest little sounds on earth. I switched the phone to speaker phone so Juan could partake in the heart stopping adorable-ness of the moment.
I said 'Oh Jena, that is so cute! What is she doing?"
Jena replies "Nursing!"

I must say, there is something slightly unnerving about knowing your best friend's boob is hanging out of her shirt while she is on the phone with you.
Last week, my friend Catherine called and caught me in the shower, but that is different! There was not a gurgling infant attached to my breast, expressing it's ultimate satisfaction with sighs and whimpers of happiness.
Anyway, I'm over it now. Jena has a new role as Mommy, and if that means talking on the phone while her womanly bosom is exposed, well, I take comfort in the fact that I do not have a video phone.

Comments:
*reaches for list, crosses off plan to call nut while on the toilet*
 
That is to funny. Maybe if you tell her Juan was listening next time she'll just tickle her baby, Ya think??
 
You didn't tell me you were in the shower. That IS different because there are more parts exposed in the shower.
 
PS I CALL YOU ALL THE TIME FROM THE BATHROOM> USUALLY IF I FORGET A MAGAZINE HEH HEH HEH
 
The way I figure it is this... if I am nursing about 8-10 times a day, and it takes about 30 minutes or more each time from start to finish... I am spending about 4 -6 hours a day with the little bugger attached to my boob..... how can I ever get any phone calls in???? Hee, hee!! We love you!!! Jena
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?