Friday, March 25, 2005

 

Nuts in Paradise


IMG_0007
Originally uploaded by lizzyjane.
My friend Meghan in very crafty. So crafty, in fact, that I believe she has a liiiitttlle too much time on her hands. Due to over 15 years of friendship (Oh my god, FIFTEEN YEARS, I can say I have known someone for FIFTEEN YEARS. We are old, nut) we have adapted quirky nicknames for eachother, the story of which I will not share, as it is only important for me and Meghan. Our nicknames are Liznut and Megnut.
2 years ago the Nuts went on a Cape Cod adventure where we ate, drank and sunned our way through that adorable little peninisula. On one of the first days we were there, pasty Liznut made a DUMB DUMB mistake. I forgot to put sunscreen on my lower back and behind my knees. Oh yes, I STILL bare the scars of thse third degree sunburns.
So here is Megnut's rendition of Nuts in Paradise. Note the thoughtful addition of a sandollar beach (my favorite) and a necessary bottle of suntan lotion. She actually went to the store and bought ONE walnut in order to complete her project.
So here is a salute to my craftiest (and oldest) friend. Your craftiness is now exposed to the world!!!

Comments:
i am honored to be recognized on your blog! *tear* oh, and you are absolutely right, i have WAYYYY too much time on my hands. that's what happens when you get to make your own schedule!

-- nut
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?