Friday, March 18, 2005

 

Pull Up Your Big Girl Panties and Deal With It

Tomorrow I have to go to a bridal shower that I REALLY don't want to go to. It involves people from high school I haven't seen in 8 years.
I spent more on my outfit than I did on the gift.
What I hate most about showers is making boring idle conversation with boring people. Like my friend catherine (catherinefox.typepad.com) says, it will probably go something like this:

"When are YOU getting married?"
Me: "Go fuck yourself"

I like to throw the f-word around to make the idle conversation less boring.
I also really hate running into people I used to know in high school, who find it important to get back in touch with me and "catch-up". They insist on exchanging phone numbers in order to get together for coffee and discuss the past 8 years in which we have both done so much growing we are no longer the same people that made us friendly at one time.

The reason my best friends are my best friends is because we grew TOGETHER. So Catherine, Christy, Jena and Meghan, I just want to remind you that I LOVE YOU and thank you for growing with me, and growing into people I will love and adore for the rest of my life.

So tomorrow I am going to wear my new outfit with confidence and class.
And drop the f-bomb at every opportunity.

Comments:
i totally support the random dropping of the f-bomb. keep em on their toes.

there is a reason why some people only stay in our lives for a short time. i believe that it just means that those people fulfilled whatever purpose they had in my life and i don't need them in mine anymore, just as they don't need me in theirs. but every so often, i find someone who i know will stay in my life forever and ever, and those are the most wonderfullest people of all. and one of those people would be YOU, my crazy nut!

now go forth and curse like a sailor, with my fuckin blessing!

-- nut
 
Excellent. I am counting on you to get good gossip. Be sure to get drunk if there is free booze. Tell fantasitic and untruthful stories if the mood strikes. Give out only someone else's phone number. Do not make plans to go for coffee. Do not tell them about your blog. Love, cfs
 
YES! remember that time that you lived in the south of france, before juan (i was gonna say BJ, but... um... yeah) and you were seduced by johnny depp? good times, good times.

oh, and if you need a fake number, may i suggest 867-5309?
 
oh, PS, the above anonymous comment was courtesy of megnut. as is this one.
 
With age you will learn, don't go to anything that you do not want to go to. You have'nt seen them in 8yrs --- trust me, they won't miss anything but the present!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?