Tuesday, March 29, 2005

 

What the Hell!!


IMG_0041
Originally uploaded by lizzyjane.
A few weeks ago, when it was still cold out, the squirrel was still living in my ceiling. The squirrel had me convinced that it was the Donald Trump of all rodents. He scratched and pulled and thudded well into each night. I could only assume he was in the midst of overseeing the construction of Atlantic City for Rodents in my living room ceiling. A heavenly, warm place where all rodents, of all shapes and sizes could come and spend the winter, nesting in insulation and chewing electrical wire. FOR FREE!
Anyway, one night I was doing the dishes and i heard a suspicious rustling sound coming from the cupboard. Although this sound was suspicious, it was certainly not unfamiliar, as the squirrels had been getting under my sink for quite some time, and chewing through myrecycle bin. (Which, by the way is CLEAN recycling. Everything is rinsed out before I stick it in the bin) I opened the cupboard door and found myself face to face with the offender. He ran away before I screamed.
Again, there was thudding and scratching and some unintelligible rodent cursing, I'm sure, in the cupboards before it moved back to the ceiling. Where it continued it's construction work.
I went to work the next day. I unassumingy came home and made my DAILY mad dash to the bathroom (this is a race against TIME and my unbelievably TINY bladder.) Once relieved, i made my way to the kitchen, and found THIS.
My cupboard door WIDE OPEN and my trash was pulled INTO the cupboard. The trash was originally placed near the front door, where I leave it to take it out with me in the mornings. I didn't take it out this particular morning because I had too much crap to take with me to work. So you can imagine my shock that this rodent had dragged my trash bag 20 feet!!! And tried to pull it under the sink with him! This animal OBVIOUSLY has no spatial OR perceptual skills.
I called the landlord and the maintenance guys boarded up the gaping hole under my sink. What a freaking relief.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?