Sunday, March 13, 2005

 

Wishing...


IMG_0014
Originally uploaded by lizzyjane.
...that little Miss Payton would make her entrance to the world VERY SOON! I am getting anxious to see your face, little one!
One of my best friend's , Jena, is due to have her little girl in 7 days.
This is the quilt I made for Payton. It is a wishing quilt, and I embroidered all the things I wish for her to enjoy in her life. They include, hope, love, friends, fun, family and joy.
It took me 3 months to make it because I am just learning the craft of quilting, and I need LOTS of help from my WONDERFUL grandma. My grandma is a quilting GENIUS. She is also a talented seamstress and used to MAKE clothes for Bob Wegman's wife, back in the day. I love my grandma SO much, and I am grateful that she is passing on her knowledge (although, admittedly, NONE of her natural skill) to me. My younger sister, Eileen has much more of the natural talent than me and has already made 2 or 3 quilts all by herself.
In fact, all my brothers and sisters have LOADS more artistic talent than I.
But I have a BLOG.

Comments:
wow, that came out really beautiful! (not that i had any doubt)...

that does put my crafting abilities to shame though. after all, nuts in paradise can't compare with a wishing quilt!

-- nut
 
Hmm, we will see what the internet world has to say about that,
megnut!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?