Friday, April 22, 2005

 

i DO NOT heart huckabees

I think today I will take a stab at film review. As I lack intelligent wit and commentary, this may be a terrible idea.....
Juan and I rented i heart huckabees last night. I had no idea what it was about, and didn't even read the back cover before we rented it. We went simply on amount of hype that the film received when it was in theaters. After watching the movie, I still do not know what the movie was about. This is a BAD sign. I got lost somewhere in the first 5 minutes and have yet to return. The storyline was all about existentialism and coincidence. Or maybe not. I'm not really sure....
The movie strongly reminded me of Being John Malkovich, leaving one feeling disconnected from reality in a very scary way....but without the logic.
Or maybe that's the point.....

Whatever. The movie sucked.

Comments:
Janet and I LOVED that movie. We saw it in the theater and when the movie started there were about a dozen people... by the end everyone but the two of us and the guy behind us had walked out... the three of us were laughing at the movie, at eachother, and at the poor people that didn't appreciate it! (Note I didn't say we GOT it, we just APPRECIATED it!) --SP
 
Maybe I shouldn't watch it then, I don't need to hurt my brain if it's that confusing . I'm confused enough.lol
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?