Monday, April 18, 2005

 

Moral Outrage

I was at church yesterday and there was a young family sitting in front of me with 2 kids. The kids brought toys to church with them to keep them occupied (Oh man, the good old days!) These kids had brough Bratz dolls. Ya know, those Barbie-Type dolls that have big heads and WAY trendier clothes than Barbie. Anyway, I was watching them play, and one of the kids lifted up the teeny tiny short skirt of the doll, and to my utter shock and horror, the doll was wearing a THONG.
A THONG.
I don't know about you, but when I grew up, my Barbies had the white painted-on underwear up to her BELLY BUTTON. So as you can imagine, the thong was somewhat of a surprise to me.

Discuss: Is it really NECESSARY to expose 4 year olds to THONG UNDERWEAR??

Comments:
Bratz dolls are whores. There are lots of whores in the Bible though, especially in Paul's Letters to the Corinithians. Probably that is why the parents brought the dolls, to teach the kids about the New Testament. cfs
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
I agree with Lizzy, bad call on the part of the parents. Aside from the kind of dolls they had (wrong), we were taught at a very early age that a church was a place of respect and to sit, be quite and listen. Even if we were to young to understand what was going on. But I don't ever remember not understanding, as far back as I can remember the last thing we did at night was our prayers.
 
I'm not sure why parents who would by their young daughter a sleazy immoral thong-clad doll who looks like a whore would bother going to church anyway.
 
now, while i don't think that a thong is necessarily appropriate for a doll, i don't think that a bratz doll is appropriate for a 4 year old.

BUT! i don't think that just cause they bought their daughter a doll means that they are any less Christian for it. (in response to that last comment)

-- nut
 
have you ever seen the SNL sketch for thong diapers? funny stuff. -SP
 
I have been thinking about it and I decided Bratz dolls are necessary. How else can little girls learn how to be sexy? cfs
 
I hate those Bratz dolls. At one of my meetings last month, a little sibling of one of my students came in with two of them. She proceeded to discuss in great detail the type of outfits and accessories that were available for these damn things. Why do three year old kids need to think it is critical to carry a cell phone with a matching purse? Funny, her sister that we were meeting on was in the office last week for wearing a shirt that says "YOU MUST BE THIS TALL TO RIDE THIS RIDE" under her cleavage.... Jena
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?