Monday, April 25, 2005

 

Ode to My Computer

Everyone I know hates email forwards. Me too. Unless they're funny. A friend of mine at work really gets the funniest stuff I have EVER read. Most of it is very irreverent. Today I found this forward to be most appropriate. I will share only some of it with you.

At a computer expo (COMDEX),
Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry
with the auto industry and stated, "If GM had kept up
with technology like the computer industry has, we
would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles
to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued
a press release stating: If GM had developed
technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving
cars with the following characteristics (and I just
love this part):


1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash
twice a day.

2. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for
no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the
road, close all of the windows, shut off the car,
restart it, and reopen the windows before you could
continue. For some reason you would simply accept
this.

3. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the
sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as
easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of
the roads.

4. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before
deploying.

I find this forward most entertaining because I am a MAC user. I LOVE MY MAC and I am not afraid to tell it to the internet world. Admittedly, I do not know how to USE my Mac, but I LOVE IT anyway. It is not because the Mac is complicated, it is just because I am a computer asshole. It has NEVER EVER (not even ONCE) crashed on me. The parts I DO know how to use are SO simple. It is so easy that I no longer know how to use the PC's at my place of work. I especially love my Mac, because Juan is a PC whiz. He fixes computers for friends. What I really love is that he has to fix his own PC on a weekly basis, and he has NEVER EVER had to fix my Mac. Because Mac's rule. Juan won't admit it, and he insists that once we are married, we will have only PC's. Which is SO comical to me, because he obviously doesn't know that once we are married, whatever I say GOES. Each of our children will receive an iBook upon birth, if I have it my way.

Comments:
my dad met bill gates today. i wish i had known it was gonna happen, i would have given him tomatoes. -- nut
 
Tomatoes? I don't get it. Your dad is so cool.
 
the tomatoes would be to throw at bill cause i hate microsoft with a passion. -- nut
 
.... but if any microsoft exec happens to read this, please don't hunt me down and fire my daddy!!
 
http://www.classic45s.com/blog/2005/04/of-course-macs-are-more-expensive_24.html

This article compares Macs to Dells. There is a lot of technical stuff I don't really understand, but the gist of it is that apples are cheaper than Dells if you get a comparably equipped machine. I don't understand apple computers because they dont have a right clicker on the mouse. cfs
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?