Saturday, April 16, 2005

 

Saturday Afternoon

When it comes to cleaning, I have an 'I'll take care of it later" approach. I adopt this approach whenever something falls on the floor, spills on the counter, etc etc. As you can imagine, my apartment is not always the most pristine. Don't get me wrong, I am not a complete slob...I mean, i do the dishes everyday and take out the garbage. It's just that my mom wanted me to focus on higher education, and i guess I never learned a lot of the basics of life. These basics include sweeping, scrubbing, and mopping.
Today i said to juan, "let's clean up a little because Megnut might be coming over." So I got out the Clorox wipes and I brushed off the kitchen table and the countertops, and I picked up the living room. No big deal...I turn around and Juan is cleaning the INSIDE of the oven. i said 'Juan! Megnut is NOT going to look INSIDE the oven!" He just shrugged. Then I turned around again, and he was sweeping the kitchen floor, which was fine. But the next time I turned around, he was MOPPING. I said 'Juan, we just need to do a little LIGHT cleaning. It's fine in here!" But he continued on. Then I felt guilty and our conversation went like this:
"Juan, I feel guilty that you are cleaning so much. What can I do to help?"
"well, you can sweep the hallway and the living room"
"I hate to sweep. can I vaccuum instead?"
"No, it's not the same. you need to sweep"
"Why not? Why can't I just vaccum?"
"I don't know. It's just not the same"
"Ok, fine"
I begin to sweep the hallway. Juan says:
"You need to sweep the living room first"
"How come?"
" Because that is the way traffic flows"
"What do you MEAN? "
"I mean the dirt comes in on your feet here in the hallway and then moves into the living room"
"So what? What does that have to do with why I can't sweep the hallway first?"
" I don't know, you just need to do it the other way."
"Well, if you can't give me a good reason, then I am going to sweep the hallway first. i already started"
"Nevermind. Give me the broom"
"Why can't I just VACCUUM???"
"Give me the broom. There are blogs you need to update."
So here I am typing away while juan sweeps the house. If he just let me vaccuum, he needn't be working so hard.

Comments:
I need to meet Juan. At my house. It's messy. (And haha Red Lobster is the only place to obtain any sort of seafood this far inland. It works in a pinch) -SP
 
I WANT JUAN TO COME HERE. Love, Catherine
 
*makes mental note to check the oven when i come over tomorrow* -- nut
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?