Sunday, April 24, 2005

 

Sewing Sunday


IMG_0060
Originally uploaded by lizzyjane.
Here I am sewing. I sew at my Nonnie's house every Sunday. I am working on a new quilt which is ultra cool, and not at all country or quilt-like. It is very Denyse Schmidt. The sewing machine you see pictured is one my grandma picked up at a garage sale for 10 dollars. It works like a dream. This is the machine I use when I sew at Nonnie's. I do not even DARE to go NEAR her sewing machine, which is a professional sewing machine and goes so fast I could lose all 10 of my fingers in less than 5 seconds. She has used her sewing machine to make everthing imaginable, and it bows to her every whim. It is fascinating to watch her hands because she literally can make fabric do ANYTHING she wants it to. If she commanded it to sprout wings and fly away, I have no doubt in my mind that it WOULD.

Comments:
don't you look cute! is that shirt from j.crew? -- nut
 
Ok so, I looked up this Denyse Schmidt. Her quilts are between 2500 and 5200 dollars - American money. THat is crazy. You have to become a quilt making lady. It would totally pay for the wedding. You could have it anywhere. Holy cow. I loved her quilts too, I want to learn to be a quilting girl. You are awesome. cfs
 
The only thing Nonnie yells at me is "You must check and RE CHECK your work!"
 
Nonnie is the greatest! I am proud of your Denyse Schmidt quilts. Who actually buy quilts that cost that much money? I agree with Catherine-your wedding could be so easily funded.....Jena
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?