Monday, April 25, 2005

 

Sigh


IMG_0099_2
Originally uploaded by lizzyjane.
My nonnie has been desperately trying to instill in me the "importance of folding."
I am NOT a folder. I am a 'tucker" and a "shover". Meaning if something is sticking out of a drawer, I shove or tuck it back in. But I really have been trying. Juan is also a folder, and I would like to fold his clothes for him someday. Maybe.
So today I tried to fold a fitted sheet all by myself. I was very proud of the way I folded the flat sheet, as seen here. I attempted to fold the fitted sheet for 30 minutes. I spread it out on the floor and crawled around it on my hands and knees. I tucked it under my chin, held corners between my teeth and even attempted to use my toes to pull out the wrinkles.
Just so everyone knows:
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FOLD A FITTED SHEET
Unless it is rolled up in a ball, as seen here.

Comments:
agreed. my grandma tried to teach me and my momma once, but it didn't stick. so i just fold it up so it looks okay (to me) and call it a day. -- nut
 
I fold hotel sheets for a living - guess what we roll the fitted sheets too. We get them as small as possible and tuck them inside a nicely folded flat sheet. At home i dont fold them at all because we only have 2 pairs, one on the bed and one in the laundry. If Juan likes to fold so much then is is designated folder. You can be designated appreciator. cfs
 
Last time I tried to fold a fitted sheet I ended up just shoving it under the bed.

I just found it again the other day.
 
yeah, my ex-wife used to have a fit about folding and making the bed. After the devorce my closet was a mess... but then so was my life at that time, Ha!
 
I wish someone would teach me how to fold the fitted sheet. Glad to know that even in hotels they get rolled up! Ours some how end up shoved back in the linen closest somewhere, and we just wash the one on the bed... no folding required! Getting that sheet to fold the right way is a great mystery to me. Jena
 
uh oh. I should have known better than to post about folding when my nonnie reads my blog. now I'm in trouble
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?