Tuesday, May 10, 2005

 

Water Adventure

Today I started Water Aerobics with catherine's mom Beverly and catherine's sister Mary. I wasn't sure what to expect EXACTLY, but I was pretty positive it had something to do with a water and aerobics.

What I DID NOT expect was a shower room full of senior citizen ladies. I also did not expect for one of them to be BUCK NAKED. Talkin up a storm to the rest of the class participants, too.

I would like to say that I am a mature adult and that I did not laugh. Unfortunately, I can't say that. Mary and I exploded into a fit of giggles once we were out of ear shot.

I did expect to participate in aerobic activity synchronized to music. I DID NOT expect for the music to consist of Piano Man and Rocky Mountain High. The most exciting the music got was a Madonna song. One of the early, tame Madonna songs. I realize that Mary and I were the only participants younger than 25, HOWEVER I think even seniors can benefit from a little Britney or Usher to get the heart rate movin!

I also expected for there to be a life guard present. I DID NOT expect the lifeguard to be doing his chemistry homework while on duty.

On a more positive note, the chlorine has left a pleasant, soft, chemical coating on my skin.
Off to bed!

Comments:
oh man, i would have laughed too. remember the nite we visited show world? we are so not mature enough for those kind of activities. and yo, rocky mountain high? how is that inspiring? you need to request some snoop dogg next time.

although, i must say, good for you doing water aerobics!!! this girl is not going NEAR a bathing suit for another few months/years/never.

-- nut
 
Liz, holy cow, you have to go to this site.
http://pamrubert.com/artquilts.shtml

It is crazy. cfs
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?