Thursday, May 12, 2005

 

What Does She Do With All Those Quilts?

Funny question, exseno!
This is a question I do not have to ask my grandmother.

SHE KEEPS THEM ALL.
Folded up. Wherever she can find room to store them.
She even asks me that questions sometimes: "What am I going to do with all these quilts, Elizabeth?"
I reply: "Sell them Nonnie!"
She answers 'Oh no. I have sold too much of my stuff. These are for keeping"

She was horrified when I suggested I sell my own quilts to fund the wedding. Denyse Schmidt sells them for 2000 dollars. I can sell mine too. I will not make that suggestion to her again. She doesn't need another heart attack.

So, Nonnie keeps all her quilts in her house. Or gives them to my mom and my auntie. They really are very special and I am happy they are going to stay in the family.
BUT THEY JUST KEEP COMING!
She is the never ending quilt machine.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?