Friday, June 03, 2005

 

For REAL?

Today I paid a visit to my friend Catherine while she was at work. We shared our weekend plans. She is doing laundry and I am going camping. When I told Catherine of these weekend plans, she looked at me curiously and cautiously posed the question:
"Liz? have you ever BEEN camping?"

The answer is NO. I have technically slept in a tent and grilled with friends outdoors. But I have never been camping FOR REAL. And it is real this time. No electricity on the site, But there ARE regular toilets with real plumbing.

It is so funny that Catherine asked me this, because after ten years of friendship, it is PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that I am NOT an outdoors type of girl. When I am exposed to the outer elements for more than 3 hours, I tend to:
1) Blister and peel in the sunlight
2) Become panicky that my unpredictable bowels will make themselves WELL KNOWN to those around me
3) Feel anxious that I will miss the Oprah show.

However, it is only for one night, and the wine and beer will be flowing. If I don't break the seal, I should be JUST FINE.

Comments:
just remember that if the movie "the parent trap" taught us anything, it's that banging 2 sticks together keeps the mountain lions away.

-- nut
 
i'm super jealous that you're going camping!! i went last weekend in NY and it was FREAKING FREEZING. (speaking of iced nipples.....) --SP
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?