Wednesday, June 01, 2005

 

Hail the Conquering Quilter


IMG_0030
Originally uploaded by lizzyjane.
This is my very first attempt at a quilt. (This is NOT the current quilt I am working on) It is made of all sorts of beautiful fabric my Nonnie has collected over the past 50 years! Brocade and silk and I think some organza. Or something like organza. OK, I wouldn't know what organza was if I stepped on it. But it sounds good.
Anyway, it also has antique lace stitched into the seams. My great grandma made some of it.
This picture doesn't do it justice. It is a little better if you click on it and see the larger shot.
Anyway, it was fun.

Comments:
it's awesome! cfs
 
Liz
It's beautiful! It's such a feeling of accomplishment when you finish one!
christy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?