Friday, June 10, 2005

 

sudden onset

I believe I contracted the flu exactly three hours ago.
I came home from work to pick up a salad for a picnic. I sat down to check my daily round of blogs, and it all went downhill from there.
I suddenly felt achey. My throat felt like I had gagged myself with a yard of sandpaper.
And I was COLD.
It is 90 degrees here today with 100% humidity. With no air conditioning in my second floor apartment.
I began shivering. So I took a HOT shower until I felt warmer. But when I stepped out into my 90 degree apartment, it felt like walking into a freezer. So I put on warm socks,sweat pants and wrapped myself in a down comforter.
I got myself a glass of cold orange juice and took small sips. Within 10 minutes the OJ was WARM. Warm orange juice is gross.
Juan came over and found me bundled up on the couch, still shivering. He got me some Advil.
I think it made him nauseous to see me in sweatpants on a ninety degree afternoon. He's at the store now, getting me a smoothie.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?