Saturday, July 16, 2005

 

willywonkawillywonkawillywonka


IMG_0058
Originally uploaded by lizzyjane.

I am exhausted from all the excitement.
After mexican food, the movie and the Midnight Magic Party, I didn't get home until 1:30 in the morning.
I might as well start at the beginning...
It turns out that 'authentic" mexican food is the most fabulous comfort food on the FACE OF THIS EARTH. As I was shovelling the rice and beans down my throat, I commented to Juan how the Mexicans are geniuses for putting together Rice and Beans. Ya know, to counteract eachother's effects on the Gastrointestinal System. He looked at me haughtily and said "You've been eating Puerto Rican rice and beans for 2 and half years!" He did have a point. It simply never occurred to me until the rice and beans were paired with heavenly tinga con pollo and queso fresco.
ANYWAY, then it was off to the IMAX for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which literally blew me away. The movie was SO good, it was actually difficult to compare to the original. I did not have any emergency bouts of diarrhea during the movie, so I felt quite relieved.
With 3 hours to go before Harry Potter was released, we decided to stop by the bookstore to get our number. We were number 324 in line. So we roamed about and observed the people dressed up like characters. Everyone was dressed up pretty lame. Mostly just black plastic capes and silly round glasses. Now, if someone had dressed up like Hagrid and Fang, THAT would have been picture worthy. I got my picture taken here, inside a promotional placard. They gave me a Polaroid too, which I plan on hanging on my desk at work on Monday. After I had my picture taken, my stomach suddenly lurched, and I looked at Juan with a well known combination of fear and urgency in my eyes. He drove me 10 minutes down the road to my parent's house, where the "authentic' mexican food took it's toll on me.
Guess what? Mexican Rice and Beans do NOT counteract eachother. But Puerto Rican ones do.

Comments:
Darn those Puerto Rican rice and beans! At least you know that you have a surefire way of moving your system along if need be... What an exciting night for you! Jena
 
You sure had a full evening of going and doing sounds great.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?