Tuesday, August 23, 2005

 

Distress! Distress!

I am on vacation.
For TWO WEEKS.
I should be relaxed, right?
Wrong.
Two things have happened which are causing anxiety to float freely through my vacationing brain.
The first one is a little silly.
Juan and I went to the travel agent today to book our tripto St. Lucia for our wedding. And the travel agent said to me 'Are you going to change your last name?" and I said: "Yes"
She then prints out some itinerary page which had MY first name with JUAN"S last name printed after it.
It was SO WEIRD.
My eyes must have looked like they were dangerously close to popping out of my head and rolling into her cleavage (which was ample, and impressive), because she asked me if I was OK.
I love my name! And now it will be different. Will I feel like a different person? Will I feel like I am giving something up?
Hmm.
The OTHER thing distressing me is a matter much more serious.
The family dog is sick. He has diabetes.
He will require 2 insulin shots a day.
My little Buddy.
I perseverated on it for 3 hours last night before Juan made me go to bed.
I know Buddy is not the most loving or friendly dog on earth, but he is SO special to me. And the thought of losing him makes me want to vomit. I told my mom I will cancel my gym membership and give her the money so we can afford the shots.
I am very distressed. (read: Do NOT post anything nasty about Buddy, JENA. I know you hate him, but I LOVE HIM and my stomach is on knots.)

Comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry. You know he is not the first dog that I have heard of that has diabetes I know it can be succesfully treated maybe he'll be alright.

On the other getting married is stressful no matter how much you want it. Maybe you and Juan should discuss the name change thing? His family may be hurt if you don't but many women don't change they're name anymore.
 
I love both last names. What about hyphenating it?

Sorry about Buddy :( I'm not a dog person, but I can say one nice thing about him.... he never bit me. That, my friend, is love.

-- Nut
 
Our dog, Nada, had diabetes and lived a wonderful life on one shot a day and one test strip a week for two great years. She was older, but, she did fine! It is so very hard to have a loved pet become ill. Almost like watching one of your kids get sick. Prayers winging to you and Buddy.
 
Our computer is down, and I haven't been able to get online... which is good, because in my high anxiety, back to teaching state--- I may have said something very mean about Buddy. I won't. Sorry, dear Buddy. No further comments.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?