Saturday, August 27, 2005

 

Post Workout Appetite


IMG_0214
Originally uploaded by lizzyjane.
After my workout at the gym this morning, I had THE MOST unbelieveable craving for cheese. So I whipped out this new recipe from a co-worker for crustless cheddar cheese pie.
Due to the incredible heat and humidity, i have not been cooking much in the kitchen, so I must admit that I am a little rusty. And I don't know much about cooking with cheese and eggs.
The recipe stated to melt 3 cups of shredded cheese in a saucepan on the stove. So I'm stirring away, and the cheese melts, but it melts into this giant GLOB of cheese. (I was envisioning a nice, liquidy, saucey consistency). So I thought, maybe if I just keep it on the heat, it wil turn saucey. No. It didn't. As you can imagine, I was slightly confused, because the next step was to "beat the cheese slowly into 3 beaten eggs". OK. So I try to "pour" the cheese into the eggs, but, of course, it is a big giant GLOB, and not pourable. So it just kind of PLOPS into the eggs, and they spatter everywhere.
I take a deep breath. So I am using a whisk to try and break up the blob and have it blend nicely with the eggs.
That is SO not working. So I think, "hmm, maybe they mean to use an ELECTRIC beater' So i whip out my beater and go at it. I look at the concoction and see that there is no longer a blob of cheese. I am SO PROUD of myself for mixing the cheese blob finely into the eggs. I remove the beater, and find that the cheese blob has WRAPPED ITSELF AROUND the stems of the beaters. Now I have a TANGLED blob of cheese, which is not even REMOTELY combined with the eggs. I spend 10 minutes removing the soggy cheese blob from the beaters. I finally pour the entire mess into the pie plate and cook it. This is what I ended up with. I haven't tried it yet. Since it was not baked in the most traditional of manners, I promise not to feed it to anyone besides Juan or my mom. If they get sick, I'll know not to try it.

Comments:
If you eat all that cheese you are going to have such a poopy problem. I mean lack of. Translation, you are going to be oh so hurting.
 
It looks good. cfs
 
it was surprisingly good! I guess baking in the oven for 50 minutes melted the cheese into the eggs nicely.
My mom AND juan liked it (my 2 toughest critics)
 
are they still alive? if they are, i'm going to make the recipe. it looks amazing.
 
AND they're still alive.
:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?