Monday, August 22, 2005

 

Sound the Trumpets!


IMG_0206
Originally uploaded by lizzyjane.
Woohoo!
Here is my (finally) finished quilt! I wish the lighting was better so you can see the colors. I love the colors because they are so beachy and relaxing.
My Nonnie deserves all the credit here. She set the quilt, put the binding on (by hand), AND hand quilted the ENTIRE thing. (I am hopelessly untalented in the area of hand quilting) Please click on the photo, so you can see the bigger, more detailed image. She hand quilted it in a free-form style, which ended up looking like cobblestones. I love it because it softens the overall block pattern.
I fancy that it looks a little like a Denyse Schmidt quilt, but actually, I think it is better.
Thank you so so so so much to my Nonnie, the quilting genius, who finished it for me with so much love and dedication and time. While she had a toothache. You're the best!

Comments:
It is so beautiful. Better than Pottery Barn. cfs
 
Very beautiful, you are both so talented! By the way thanks for the train pattern, I got it the other week!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?