Friday, September 30, 2005

 

Who Died and Made the Puerto Ricans Jim Henson?

Last night I was reminiscing to juan about television shows of my childhood. I started to atalk about the Muppets and Kermit, Miss Piggy and Fozzy the bear.

Juan: Who is Kermit?
Me: (shrieking) WHAT DO YOU MEAN "WHO'S KERMIT?"
Juan: WHO IS KERMIT?
Me: You know, the green frog, the one who dates Miss Piggy?
Juan: Who is Miss Piggy?
Me: (begins to have a panic attack) THE FAT PINK PIG WHO WANTS TO GET IT ON WITH KERMIT, THE ONE WITH THE FABULOUS WARDROBE!

It turns out that The Muppets in Hispanic television have different names. DIFFERENT NAMES!

WHO HAS CREATIVE LICENSE TO CHANGE THE MUPPETS NAMES?

And get this, the names are HORRIBLE.
I got up in Juan's face and demanded he tell me EVERY HISPANIC NAME of EVERY Muppet in existence. I totally freaked him out and I think he lost bladder control at one point. The stress made him forget several names, but these are the ones I managed to yank from his brain:

Fraggles= What's a Fraggle? (Dear God, save us all)
Gonzo= GONZALEZ (Ok, not TOO bad)
Miss Piggy= ROSITA (What the HELL? Rosita? That is the name of the Spanish maid on the Goonies!)
Kermit= (please prepare yourself) Kermit's name on Hispanic TV is: RENEE

RENEE.
WHO NAMES A CHILDHOOD ICON, RENEE?

The world is literally tearing apart at the seams. I may not survive.

Comments:
I had a similar experience with a Greek guy once but it was about animal sounds. I can not believe that what you hear in you ear, comes out differently for different people. I laughed my fool head off.
Don't even ask what they were I'm still trying to burry the memory. lol
 
We HAVE to netflix puerto rican muppets, watch them all in a row and drink margaritas. There will be vomiting. cfs
 
also - wetting of pants. cfs.
 
I want to be present for this netflix'ing of Puerto Rican muppets, please!

-- Nut
 
please, can we make this net flixing and wetting of pants happen as soon as possible?
 
Sorry Kermit the frog name is "La Rana Rene" not RENEE we are working in my baby spanish.
 
how about the weekend of oct 15th? cfs I will be in rachacha this weekend, but I am having a sleepover w/matt's neice. She is 4, so she is down with muppets, not so much with margaritas...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?