Tuesday, October 11, 2005

 

Hooray


IMG_0235
Originally uploaded by lizzyjane.
My fabulous friend Catherine got me this fabulous cake plate to cheer me up because Buddy died.
I really really really love cake plates. A lot. There is an antique cake plate in my grandma's basement that I have been eyeing for over a year. I am waiting for a moment when she turns her back so I can wrest it under my T-shirt and stow it home, completely undetected.
So anyway, in honor of the fabulous cake plate, I made a Pineapple-Coconut-Banana Upside Down Cake this evening. Oh my god, it is so freaking good. And low fat. I used light margarine instead of butter for the topping, so the cake split a little on it's way out of the pan. In a momentary lapse of judgement, I photographed the side that fell off. I also didn't have any pineapple rings, so I had to use chunks. I really have to work on making my food actually look appetizing.

I am also celebrating because the strange rash which has been breaking out on every body part for the past 4 days is NOT a bunch of bug bites from horrible, flea like insects infesting my home. Neither is it from stress. Or the bird flu. And the doctor said "NO, IT IS NOT SEPTICEMIA EITHER!, WILL YOU PLEASE LET ME EXPLAIN THAT IT IS JUST A SEVERE ALLERGIC REACTION?!"
So me and my steiroids are off to eat some cake.

Comments:
what are you allergic to? The cake sounds nice, but looks a-sum. cfs
 
I'd still eat it. Yup, yup I would. Yeah. I may stop over tomorrow to get me some cake, so long as your septicemia isn't contagious.

-- Nut
 
Look, great even if it did break. The plate is pretty too.
 
Mmmm. Roids and pineapple chunks. It really doesn't get better than that.

Glad you don't have psoriasis or tetter.
 
Although Blue Star Ointment would clear that right up!!!

-- Nut
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?