Thursday, November 03, 2005

 

Newest Roomate

I have MORE rodent problems.
MORE.
I should probably stop posting about all my apartment issues. I don't want strangers thinking that i live in some hideous, unclean place. It is really a lovely place with hardwood floors and a cute fireplace with blue tiles.
So anyway, the latest offender is my stove.
For 2 weeks, I have been telling Juan that I have a ghost, because each night, it sounds like someone is in the kitchen putting the dishes away.
Juan, being of the logical and intelligent mindset, simply blew me off.
But it turns out that I had TWO MICE livng in the BROILER DRAWER of my gas stove. How the pilot light didn't set them on fire is a mystery to me.
Has anyone ever tried those Have a Heart Traps, the kind that don't kill the mouse?
Yeah, THEY DON"T WORK.
So I bought the lethal kind, and the mouse problem is over. I found the last one this morning. The trap didn't exactly catch his neck. It caught him right behind the eyes. I will not go into detail about crushed skulls or bulging eyeballs.
I felt pretty guilty about it, but then I figured it was probably nicer to get it over with quicker than to turn on the broiler and watch a flaming mouse run across the kitchen floor.

Comments:
Liz,
I have been there and I will say that your apartment is lovely and charming. I still think that squirrels, ants, maggots, mice, and sociopath neighbors warrant at least a LOOK at some new real estate. Just a look.
cfs
 
Hey, everyone has had mice at one time or another. But one thing that helps to keep them out is making sure there is something around the pipes on the inside of the house that they can't bite into. Some people say steel wool works. I'm going to try pie pans cut to fit around the pipe. They are slick tin and not as uuk as steel wool.
 
Hey, everyone has had mice at one time or another. But one thing that helps to keep them out is making sure there is something around the pipes on the inside of the house that they can't bite into. Some people say steel wool works. I'm going to try pie pans cut to fit around the pipe. They are slick tin and not as uuk as steel wool.
 
Poor meeses.

Maybe you can get a two or three cats?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?